Race Morning Transition Access:
4:30am – 6:30am Packet Pick Up
- Don’t forget your Swim Cap, Wrist Band, Clothing Bag and Body Marking.
- Place/Check your personal items in Transition by your front tire, on the ground.
- Walk 1 mile north up Restaurant Row with swim start Chaperone to swim start. Wear comfy shoes. You can leave them in your clothing bag, drop your clothing bag in a clothing truck near the swim start and pick the bag up at the finish.
- Follow the chaperone and/or volunteers and signs to swim start.
- Listen for final announcements on water temperature and wetsuit legal status (water must be under 78˚).
6:35 am- 6:45 am located at the finish area during walk to swim start
7:30am – 7:45am
- You must use the race issued chip and strap.
- Drop your clothing bag at the Baggage Drop (look for the trucks in the swim start area). Drop your bag in the truck or trailer with your corresponding race number located at swim start.
- Wait in your assigned staging area. Practice swims are not permitted.
- In-Water starts for all Age Group Athletes.
- Most likely we will be wetsuit legal according to the history of the Hudson River Temperatures, so chances are likely that you can wear your wetsuit.
- Hold onto the swim dock line until the horn blows for your swim wave to begin.
- If you’re struggling in the swim, raise and waive your arm to get the attention of one of our many swim support team on kayaks, jet skis, boats and the seawall. If you need to grab onto a kayak for a couple seconds you may do so without being DQ’d, but you can’t make forward progress.
- Make sure you’re on time. If you miss your wave, you’re DQ’d and you will not be allowed to start.
Mandatory Start Times will be listed in the 2014 Athletes Guide available 1 week before race date
*To save time you can also mark yourself using the information in Appendix D. Mandatory to have body marking complete before walking to swim start.